This is a great dinner party starter, not too filling but so full of flavor, it’s sure to get the taste buds tingling ahead of the main course. The individual dishes make guest feel special. They can also be prepared in advance, for convenience, kept in the fridge and placed under the grill once guests arrive
8 large Portobello mushrooms
1 knob butter
75g cream cheese with garlic and herb
75g blue stilton cheese, crumbled
Fresh parsley to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a heavy based frying pan.
2. Add the mushrooms and fry on medium turning over frequently until they release their juices and brown slightly.
3. Transfer to four individual terracotta dishes, or other oven proof dishes like ramekins. Stalk side facing up.
4. Spread a little cream cheese on each mushroom, sprinkle a little of the stilton on top.
5. Give each mushroom a twist of freshly ground pepper.
6. Place under a medium grill for around 10 mins until topping is browned.
7. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.