This is an easy no-bake recipe for a vanilla cheesecake as made by my good friend, Lesley. The use of coconut oil instead of butter is a stroke of genius and adds fantastic texture and flavour to the dessert
Serves 8 to 10
250g digestive biscuits
125g extra virgin organic coconut oil
250g cream cheese
400g sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon gelatine
1 tablespoon water
1 Cadbury’s flake, or 20g grated dark chocolate, or sliced fresh fruit
1. Lightly grease 20cm (8”) springform tin.
2. Crush the biscuits until fine and mix with the coconut oil.
3. Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of the tin using a spoon and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm
4. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth, add the condensed milk and vanilla and continue to beat until well blended.
5. Soften the gelatine in the water in a cup over hot water until dissolved then stir into cream cheese mixture.
6. Pour the filling onto the crumb crust. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set.
7. Decorate with flaked Cadburys Flake, grated chocolate or sliced fresh fruit.