I love baby veg, not only do they tend to be sweeter and juicier than their full-size family members, they always seem to look better presented. When bought in season these baby leeks and carrots look and taste amazing, with very little fuss and bother
20 Baby leeks
20 Baby carrots, peeled
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Spray a heavy based roasting pan with olive oil.
- Lay the vegetables so they are spread out on one layer.
- Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a hot oven for 45 minutes.
- Check throughout cooking and spray the carrots with more oil if they look dry.
- They are ready to serve when they are brown on the outside and cooked through and tender on the inside.