Every Christmas, hubby and I receive a 400g bar of Toberlone each. On the search for baking inspiration, I came across the recipe for Toberlone cheesecake on Philedelphia’s website. I have lost count of the number of times that I have been requested to make this. It’s quick and easy to make and unbelievably delicious. Works equally well with dark, milk or white Toberlone although I wouldn’t mix them.
For a professional touch, experiment with mini cake mould for individual portions.
- 200g Double Chocolate Oreo biscuits
- 60g butter
- 500g block PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 300g Toberlone chocolate, melted
- 150ml double cream, whipped
- 100g Toberlone, grated
- 50g dark or white chocolate, grated
- Line the base of a 20cm springform cake pan with baking parchment.
- In a food processor, to crush the biscuits into crumbs and add the melted butter
- Press the biscuit crumbs into the base of the pan and place in the fridge to chill and set.
- Create a bain-marie by placing a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, take care that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Put the 300g of Toberlone in the bowl to melt.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth, add the whipped cream and beat until well mixed.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and continue until thoroughly mixed through.
- Pour onto the prepared crumb base.
- Add the grated Toberlone on top and sprinkle over with the other chocolate.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until set, or overnight.